So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Friday, May 28, 2010

Toronto, Yah? Right? Eh?

Heading into THIS Memorial Day Weekend, I'm just thinking back; I can't believe a year has gone by SO quickly, how many changes there've been. It's amazing.

It's funny because of the dates. Last year on this date I was in San Diego to cheer Heather on in the Rock'N'Roll Marathon and the weather couldn't have been more depressing (May Gray/ June Gloom). But Memorial Day Weekend had fallen the weekend before and Mom, Donna B, and I had piled into the car and driven to Canada by way of Niagara Falls.

Ironically, I was taking the American holiday to visit Canada to see if Toronto was somewhere I could live because my most appealing potential job offer was located in Oakville, Ontario. The Moms volunteered for the trip. We had a lot of fun and "Chamber of Commerce" weather. (See the slideshow @ right.) We met and fell in love with Tim Hortons. We bought a book on knots and, inadvertently, a children's book we thought was about sailing but was actually about death. (Whoops! Sorry Audry.)

Donna B still says, Toronto gets her vote. And I did like it; I could probably live there. And the job opportunity was a fantastic opportunity to work for wonderful people within a great company.

But I took another roadtrip. With Dad. And I came to live in California instead. I like it here too.

I'm still working on the job part.

I'll keep you posted.
k8

No comments:

Post a Comment