So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Friday, November 19, 2010

Come Undone


I jumped off the Seal Beach Pier last night.

It's actually the best thing that's happened to me all week.

It's been a fantastically BAD week. I was so close to coming undone last night on my drive home that I texted Scotty when I got back to go for a run, then drinks. He came through and brought 'Lu & 'Anna along. What a motley crew we made- it was absolutely just what it needed to be.

After the run we all went home to shower and reconvened at my apt. The guys BYOB'd and we just hung around. At some point they decided we needed to go shoot pool over at Dave's Other Place. My brothers can attest to how abysmally I play. And I was true to form. But it was fun.

At the end of the night when we were heading home 'Lu decided we needed to ride to the end of The Pier (we were on our bikes). I didn't see why, nor did I think we really needed to, but hey as long as we're not gonna get in trouble whatever. While we're out there he says, I should jump The Pier tonight. I said, no. This was all the fuel Scotty needed to strip down and jump. Oy vey.

So I'm trying to stop the insanity and 'Lu gets as far as stripped down and kind of stalls out. Then they get on my case that I should jump. F*it. Why not. I'm here. So off I go. And dude, I have the bruises on my arse to prove it. I don't know how I hit that water but holy crap, my whole butt is black'n'blue. And I'd do it again.

Serendipity defined.

I'll keep you posted.
k8

No comments:

Post a Comment