So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Friday, September 10, 2010

Accidents

Or as the CDC likes to call them: Unintentional Injuries.

Unfortunately, since my injury was not "medically attended" I can't claim to be part of the 47% of Americans injured at home- my guess is that the percentage of "unattended" injuries occurring at home is MUCH higher. Though only 5% of "attended" injuries are Open Wounds like mine....

I knocked a plate off my dish rack this morning and in trying to save it, smashed it against the tile counter with my forearm and now have a large gash. I don't do well with my own blood. Luckily, my neighbor, who has kids, was home and helped me. Sort of. I currently have a cotton ball medical-taped to The Wound to keep pressure on it- I look like either a (severely) botched suicide attempt or (equally severely botched) blood donor- we will re-evaluate when I get home from work this evening.

My biggest concern was that I would need stitches or sutures, "for now" we don't think so.
My next biggest concern is scarring- this one won't even have a good story.

So not only was I late for work at The MKTG Office due to my Unintentional Injury, but then there's Some Event going on at The Honda Center and I got in the wrong lane: Parking not Thru Traffic. I had to wait in the line for Parking only to get an Exit Pass, turn around, and come into The Office the other way. WHAT A DAY! (All before 9:30AM)

It's supposed to be: TGIF, it's more like WTFIF (Sorry, Mom. Had to use The F.)

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment