So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tri'd-and-True

(trīd'ən-trū')
adj.
Tested and proved to be worthy or good.

By definition, I'd say it's apropos of my experience at the 11th Annual Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Triathlon. Before you all think, "Wow. Way to go, k8." Let me clarify: I was not part of the field of triathletes. It would be impressive for sure for the girl who looks like a drowning bug when she swims and can't inflate her own bike tires. (Shhh! Specialized, you didn't hear that last part.)

So how did I come to be at the 11th Annual Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Triathlon?

Some of you will remember I worked a couple events in the early spring (Drama(mine) Queen) for a Sports Event Mgmt firm, well they contacted me regarding their fall schedule and from there I worked in the office a few days a week leading up to the LATri. So I've been juggling their office and The Cafe for the last few weeks.

Add to that a hearty dose of car trouble, self-inflicted injury, and a small dog and it's been busy!

And as you can see from the Monday, October 4 LATimes, it's been worth it!
And fun- in the way Game Day is always fun: the team prepares, the day arrives, the players take their positions, and the game begins. After that ANYTHING can (and does) happen. And I love it!

I was in LA from Thursday to Sunday- my longest visit there since I arrived in California. We stayed at the very new, very fantastically bedecked JW Marriott LA Live. My Surface Pattern Design heart can't help but swell at the sight: colors (purple!), textures, TEXTILES, juxtaposition, and sparkles! What a job that would be- to put it all together! I only wish we had more time to enjoy it. Though I did manage a drink or two by the pool. Blueberry Mojito, anyone?

I got to work with cool people, I had a celebrity/athlete encounter ("Jimmy" Marsden), I witnessed the UDub Football Team en masse (SU, we need to talk- they don't look THAT big in person. HOW did we LOSE to them?) and I scored some AWESOME tennis-ball-yellow ZGloves.

I tried to talk the Specialized Guys out of their jeans (Not dirtily I swear! They have REALLY cool...Ahem: "Specialized" denim!) AND get them to hire me- I could drive the truck? I have an excellent sense of direction- but so far, no dice. I plan to keep on it.

I'll keep you posted.
k8



No comments:

Post a Comment