So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Monday, October 18, 2010

Welcome to 2010, Brother

Nicholas recently joined 2010 with his new Droid. Apparently, a life changing experience. I believe his cellular service provider actually contacted him about updating his device(s). Now that's saying something. Below is an email exchange that started because of his incredibly prompt response to our Mom's reminder email about our Grandmother's birthday today. It was just too good to pass up sharing. It's posted with his permission. (Start at the bottom.)

And while we're on the topic (Mom's phone) "isn't smart or dumb it just doesn't work most of the time". That's a direct quote, folks.

I'll keep you posted.
k8

Yahoo! Mail

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM, wrote:

Smart phone technology has forever changed my world........it really is incredible.
It must be a very similar feeling to when the original mobile phones came out
for the earlier generations. Just for example Ian and I were up in Maine this
weekend and felt like a delicous chinese lunch buffet.....in the past this would
have been a major endeavor however with smart phone droid technology,
I google it, from google I read several reviews and find an excellent buffet just
2.8 miles from our current location, not being locals I click on maps and get
instant driving directions....15 mins after initially wanting awesome chinese
buffet, I was scooping piles of boneless spare ribs out of a luke warm metal bin.....welcome to 2010 nick vakay.
NAV

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:17 PM, <k8ness5> wrote:

Wow. Nick. You were on this like white on rice. What'd ya have, a new smartphone? ;-)

Joking aside, I completely agree with your sentiment. Lucky for me this 3hr time
difference pans out sometimes. I was able to call Gma on my drive into the office
today since its almost lunchtime at home.

Have a good one!
k

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea. –Isak Dinesen

No comments:

Post a Comment