So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Syrup


Following the notion that syrup makes everything better (similar to mayo, bacon, and chocolate) I had some with dinner tonight.

No foolin'.

In an everlasting attempt "to eat better", "cook meals", etc but still being a lazy bum, I went to the grocery store on Sunday night and bought: a rotisserie chicken, bbq sauce, haricots verts, and squash. I rounded out this meal with one of my favorite staples: Jasmine rice. It was all right. It definitely fit the bill for a much-desired "hot meal".

Last night Swirly, as she will now be called, texted me to meet up and so dinner was comprised of chips & salsa, a hot pocket divided in 4, chicken taquitos, and Pacifico. We definitely missed the healthy eating mark.

And so today, with the roti chicken leftovers in the fridge, I made yet another chicken'n'rice dish. And by that I mean, I put chicken on rice and covered it in BBQ. Impressive I know.

But here's the thing: it needed "a little something".
And that's when I thought, "syrup would really make this a lot better". And as I was getting it out of the cupboard and putting it on my chicken'n'rice dinner, I laughed and thought, "Oh, man. I'm Buddy the Elf."

"We elves like to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup."

I'll keep you posted.
k8

No comments:

Post a Comment