So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Monday, January 17, 2011

Too soon to tell...


So we’re about 4 days into 2011 and I get a text message at the crack of West Coast Dawn from Melissa Sue:

“So on TV they said January 17 is the saddest day of the year! Can you believe it?”

It is my day off.
I am still snuggled in bed.
OK, well actually if I remember correctly, I have snuggled BACK into bed. I was rudely awakened before 7 by the shockingly prompt driveway demolition crew out front. Nonetheless, I am mystified that January 17th, The Day of the Heavyweight, could be the saddest day. Clearly, they have not included Gma Rose in this survey. I reply:

“What?! Why??? That’s depressing...”

Melissa Sue:

“That is when Winter Blues sets in. On Regis & Kelly this A.M.”

OF COURSE. Regis & Kelly. Winter Blues. East Coast. All flash through my head. I text:

“Ugh. Well, great just great. (<- One of my favorite Stu-isms. It always makes me smile.) Now I might be sad.”
“I mean I’m gonna be 31! Isn’t that sad enough???”

Melissa Sue:

“Haha. I don’t know how they get that data though. Sounds a little weird to me. Happy New Year old lady!”

So now, fast forward to January 17th:

Pro/Con
Projected weather 75 and SUNNY./ None.
It’s a HOLIDAY./ I have to work.
It IS my birthday./ I am OVER thirty!!
There will probably (hopefully) be cake./ None. (Unless there isn't any cake.)

Pros 2
Cons 2

Looks like it's too soon to tell...

I’ll keep you posted.
k8

No comments:

Post a Comment