So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Saturday, March 26, 2011



Registration opens Monday, March 28 and I'm excited/nervous!
(The feeling you get as you make your way to the start line of the NYC Marathon comes to mind...)

This project is CRAZY. Maybe that's the way it always is. Maybe the industry is. I don't have the history to know. But it takes up ALL of my time. I'm not complaining. I just sure as hell hope it's a CRAZY success come August 28.

Permits and sponsorships and bike courses and maps.
Contracts and vendors and volunteers and Oregon State Certified Flaggers.
I'm spending (another) Saturday night composing an Emergency Action Plan for Lane County Parks. I have a binder (Shocker I know, Bill Jr.) that is 4 inches thick and the event's still 5 months away!

But I've also had the opportunity to spend time in Eugene, OR and I look forward to spending more. I've met some really great people and I continue to be rewarded with support from the local community. I also have a Superhero named Sue in Eugene. Best lady ever. If I had free time, I'd make her the cape she deserves.

Added to the local support, is the "make me smile" personal support I've been getting... Portland's offering to ride the course in his few and far between days at home and "signing people up" over pinball; B's looking at "dirt cheap airfare" and asking about training programs (see Dan Empfield's at slowtwitch.com); Swirly just wants to go; 'Lu wants to work it/do it; Holly's said, "I'm there, Dude."; Nicholas asked, "Should I get a bike and start getting aggressive with the triathalon scene?". I'm stoked! Every time. Every message. Makes me smile. These are "My People". How lucky am I?

So yeah, fingers crossed. Registration opens on Monday.

I'll keep you posted.
k8

No comments:

Post a Comment