So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Monday, February 15, 2010

Gas cap update...


It's OK: I've gotten a new gas cap...

Many of you are curious about the gas cap(s). My response:
Ask Dad. He lost them both. And his "exclamation" upon discovering he lost the second one was "Oh! FFfffffruit!" He was so mad but then he said "fruit". I'm hysterical now typing this- I can't believe I forgot to share earlier. Fruit!

Of course there's a story...
I had some errands I was gonna run, including a trip to the auto parts store. Con (the neighbor across the cul-de-sac)was out with his Corvette so I asked him where to go. I Googled 'Jeep Wrangler Cigar Lighters' and it seems the ACC 19 slot should be the cigar lighter fuse. So off I went to the AutoZone. Fingers crossed.

I really didn’t like the girl at the AutoZone. As much as I say I’m thinking about becoming a mechanic and as lucrative as I think that could be for a chick I guess I feel that way as it relates to me specifically. I felt about AutoZone Girl the same way I feel about female sportscasters: it’s just a guys job.(I know I’m terrible! Probably sexist. And most of my female friends are cringing. Mr. B on the other hand is smiling broadly. Either way it’s my opinion.)

Anyway, I was able to get the gas cap- which I don’t like (Yes, men even gas caps are judged for their aesthetic.) but no fuses and no input regarding the fuses either. I stopped at a WalMart farther down the road for the fuses and they were sold out. High demand for small 20 amp yellow fuses out here. There was one multi-pack left and someone had helped themself to 2 of 8 assorted fuses. The friendly, not helpful, WalMart employee seemed confounded about what to do when I asked if there were any more in the Stock Room. In the end she gave me the one remaining 20 amp fuse and told me "Welcome to California".

I was waiting to get arrested for shoplifting on my way out of the store. Thankfully, I didn’t and the 20 amp fuse seems to have fixed the lighter issue. I guess we should have at least tried this in Knoxville, TN. Oh well, living and learning here...

No comments:

Post a Comment