So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Who knew???

That my Alternator Adventure (did I not mention that??? Hmmm...) a few months back was really just training for my Fourth of July BBQ ride. I clearly spoke too soon in yesterday's post when I said, "So no riding or running.".

It should have occurred to me at the time of the invite that we would be riding our bikes to the BBQ in Long Beach. Obviously, since I'm posting this, it didn't. The Vakay Surprise was on me when I inquired about carpooling and was informed we were planning to ride. Whoops.

One should probably never even compare the Gary Fisher Wahoo and the Specialized S-Works Roubaix. Just about the only thing they have in common is that both are bicycles. But for the sake of my story and in this particular case neither has any form of cargo space. (Why should they?) So how does one transport a six pack and a watermelon?

In their 15-year-old LLBean rucksack of course! It's not Chrome, but it is one of my best investments of all time. Yep. I prepped my Vakay Surprise watermelon salad and with the help of some blue masking tape and a few plastic bags secured it. The bottles of Rolling Rock helped maintain the watermelon's upright position. Toss in an ice pack. Fix a couple vodka lemonades in To Go cups and we're ready to roll.

I just wish I knew how much that rucksack weighed. I'm pretty sure it was more than the alternator...

No comments:

Post a Comment