So I wasn't going to "blog", but since ATT hasn't come up with a plan yet that will allow me to regale you individually and without penalty here we are. Besides most of you asked for it so blame yourselves...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Apparently we had an earthquake....

I did get shaken awake. However, I SWEAR it happened SUNDAY night and not last night. Of course, many of you know how well I function when I'm half asleep so....

Anyway, big day today: earthquake, bug issue, vacuum fire, crabs....

Earthquake- Los Angeles 4.4 at 4:04 AM.....
Does anyone else find that bizarre: 4.4 @ 4:04???????

Bug issue- Hopefully minor. Mom suggested vacuuming, hence....

Vacuum fire- small, contained, but nonetheless...
I literally JUST took the brand new Dirt Devil out of the box (some assembly required) this morning specifically to aid in the bug issue!!! I started with the bedroom and nearly got through it when the Devil sucked up an edge of the bed sheet, which I immediately freed, (Have no fear Maria!) and simultaneously started puffing (POOF!) dust. I figured this was just a result of freeing the sheet but then it smelled like something was burning and the sheet wasn't on fire so that left the vacuum. Great. Just great. I am not sure HOW I did not cry... Probably because Mom didn't answer any of her phones so I just had to suck it up. (Pun intended.)

The vacuum was returned to Target this afternoon and a new Eureka! purchased in its stead.

Crabs- Separate from the bug issue, thankyouverymuch.

As in, Joe's Crab Shack...
Where I spent the afternoon at Orientation. I can't tell you much about it because it is possibly more confidential than Area 51. Since I do not currently have any other options I may actually have to do this. I'm not sure that I can, regardless of the ample blogability it would lend to my life.

It was painful. For all the obvious reasons and then some. Like, I confirmed today that I am 13 years older than Brittney the up-and-coming hostess and youngest member of my orientation group. I was the only person in the whole group whose parents aren't claiming them on their taxes. I'll admit though, the W4 always trips me up- do I claim 0? 1? 2? I never remember....

Jerry, our amiable General Manager, essentially read the Employee Handbook to us. (If you've ever seen the movie Ski Patrol Jerry is like "Murray") And while I'm sure he wasn't trying to be offensive, he actually explained the Work Opportunity Tax Credit form (8850) as being "for poor people" and instructing us "so fill it out if you're poor, but I don't think any of you are poor..." Um, JUST. SO. WRONG. I'm sure there's more but I'm falling asleep and its escaping me.

Tomorrow: Golf.

I'll keep you posted.
k8


1 comment:

  1. This job is sooo worth it...just for the T-shirt!! Do you have to turn it in if you quit after 1-2 weeks?

    ReplyDelete